This was my first time at an event like this. We packed up a lunch and brought our chairs. First we took a spin around the farmers market there and bought some delicious Kalmata Olive bread and then we found our spots and got comfy. We saw about 6 different groups and they were all very good. It was just so relaxing. The kids were playing nearby and we were just enjoying the music. The groups we got to see were:
- Kathy Boyd & Phoenix Rising, (this group was HIGHLY entertaining)
- Puddletown Ramblers
- Wistlin’ Rufus
- Misty Mammas
- Wayward Vessel (The only group while we were there to get called back for an encore) The violin player in this group was amazing.
- Oly Mountain Boys
Not much to review really, just wanted to post a little bit about it cause we enjoyed ourselves.
So we have bought all of our concert tickets on our list except for Super Diamond, cause that is a free concert at Bridgeport Village. We are not going to make it to the Waterfront Blues Festival due to scheduling conflict, and we are not going to the game park in Bandon, cause I had no idea it was that far of a drive. LOL That will have to wait for another trip, maybe next summer? Now we have to make travel arrangements and save our gas money! This is gonna be such a fun summer. Kicking it off today with our local Blues Festival!
We have decided that this summer, instead of going on a vacation, we are going to experience as many concerts as we can.
We are looking right now at around 22 Events.
- The Bluegrass Festival http://www.goldendaleevents.com/events-list/bluegrass-festival/
- Sternwheeler Days
- Waterfront BluesFest
- Hewey Lewis and The News http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/256593-huey-lewis-news-sports-30th-portland/
- B-52’s and the Go Go’s http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/256631-b-52s-go-gos-portland/
- Kenny Loggins http://www.co.marion.or.us/CS/Fair/Events.htm
- Jammin’ July Street Fest
- Counting Crows and The Wall Flowers http://www.maryhillwinery.com/concerts.asp
- Weird Al http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/257281-weird-al-yankovic-portland/
- Gretchen Wilson @Dukes
- Randy Newman http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/257719-evening-randy-newman-portland/
- Leann Rimes http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/257767-leann-rimes-portland/
- Ft. Dalles Days
- Super Diamond http://bridgeport-village.com/center_events.html
- Blue Oyster Cult http://www.bentoncountyfair.net/fair_information.php
- Randy Travis http://www.chinookwindscasino.com/randy-travis.html
- Hall and Oats http://www.maryhillwinery.com/concerts.asp
- Willie Nelson http://www.maryhillwinery.com/concerts.asp
- Chris Issak http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/260573-chris-isaak-portland/
- REO Speedwagon http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1720176
- Mercy Me http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1717626&language=en
- Doobie Brothers http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/260643-doobie-brothers-portland/
- Plus we will catch a concert while we are in Vegas the first weekend of October. Just haven’t decided on what we want to see. 🙂
We are also trying to squeeze in a Mariners Game, a camping trip to the coast, the Klickitat Co. Fair, West Coast Game Park, a trip to Silverwood, PAX, a scrapbook retreat, and Family camp with our church!
These are the two concerts I’m looking forward to the most.
August 30th in Monroe
August 29th in Monroe
Blaring REO Speedwagon (and Pat Benatar) and dancing around the living room jumping off the couches is one of the few fun memories I have of my mother.
WOW! We have not purchased tickets for all of those events yet, so chances are that a few will drop off due to being sold out, but we are gonna do our best to pull this off! For someone who isn’t super into music, like my husband is, I’m actually pretty excited. We are taking the kids to some of those concerts, and look forward to introducing them to the concert scene and hopefully instilling a love of music in them as well.
I’ll keep ya posted on our progress here!