We have decided that this summer, instead of going on a vacation, we are going to experience as many concerts as we can.
We are looking right now at around 22 Events.
- The Bluegrass Festival http://www.goldendaleevents.com/events-list/bluegrass-festival/
- Sternwheeler Days
- Waterfront BluesFest
- Hewey Lewis and The News http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/256593-huey-lewis-news-sports-30th-portland/
- B-52’s and the Go Go’s http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/256631-b-52s-go-gos-portland/
- Kenny Loggins http://www.co.marion.or.us/CS/Fair/Events.htm
- Jammin’ July Street Fest
- Counting Crows and The Wall Flowers http://www.maryhillwinery.com/concerts.asp
- Weird Al http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/257281-weird-al-yankovic-portland/
- Gretchen Wilson @Dukes
- Randy Newman http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/257719-evening-randy-newman-portland/
- Leann Rimes http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/257767-leann-rimes-portland/
- Ft. Dalles Days
- Super Diamond http://bridgeport-village.com/center_events.html
- Blue Oyster Cult http://www.bentoncountyfair.net/fair_information.php
- Randy Travis http://www.chinookwindscasino.com/randy-travis.html
- Hall and Oats http://www.maryhillwinery.com/concerts.asp
- Willie Nelson http://www.maryhillwinery.com/concerts.asp
- Chris Issak http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/260573-chris-isaak-portland/
- REO Speedwagon http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1720176
- Mercy Me http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1717626&language=en
- Doobie Brothers http://www.zooconcerts.com/event/260643-doobie-brothers-portland/
- Plus we will catch a concert while we are in Vegas the first weekend of October. Just haven’t decided on what we want to see. 🙂
We are also trying to squeeze in a Mariners Game, a camping trip to the coast, the Klickitat Co. Fair, West Coast Game Park, a trip to Silverwood, PAX, a scrapbook retreat, and Family camp with our church!
These are the two concerts I’m looking forward to the most.
Blaring REO Speedwagon (and Pat Benatar) and dancing around the living room jumping off the couches is one of the few fun memories I have of my mother.
WOW! We have not purchased tickets for all of those events yet, so chances are that a few will drop off due to being sold out, but we are gonna do our best to pull this off! For someone who isn’t super into music, like my husband is, I’m actually pretty excited. We are taking the kids to some of those concerts, and look forward to introducing them to the concert scene and hopefully instilling a love of music in them as well.
I’ll keep ya posted on our progress here!